Equus Awards Incentive Funding Round to Expand Registered Apprenticeship Programs
Equus Workforce Solutions announces awards of nearly $400,000 in incentive funding to expand Registered Apprenticeship Programs as part of the Intermediary for Registered Apprenticeships contract with the U.S. Department of Labor. A Registered Apprenticeship Program (RAP) is an industry-driven, high-quality career pathway where employers can develop and prepare their future workforce, and individuals can obtain paid work experience, classroom instruction and a portable, nationally recognized credential.
Equus is excited to partner with the following organizations to support Registered Apprenticeship expansion:
- Bayada Home Health Care, Inc. (Rhode Island): BAYADA provides high-quality home health care in 23 states. Incentive funds will support the expansion for Home Health Licensed Practical Nurses and Registered Nurses.
- Craft Education System, Inc. (California, National): The Craft Education System is a data system purpose-built for facilitating apprenticeship-based pathways in industries that require trainees to hold accredited degrees and credentials. Incentive funds will support the development and expansion of Registered Apprenticeship Programs in the teaching industry.
- Idaho Health Care Association (Idaho): The Idaho Health Care Association will use this award to operate a Certified Nursing Assistant program to support their Skilled Nursing Home members.
- MedCertify (Kentucky-based, National): MedCertify offers online training for healthcare, dental and information technology. Incentive funds will support the implementation of their Medical Assistant program with their employer partners.
- NC Nursing Academy (North Carolina): NC Nursing Academy will use this award to provide high-quality Certified Nurse Aide training to students and offer candidate pipelines to area hospitals, long-term care facilities, pharmacies and healthcare agencies operating a Registered Apprenticeship Program.
- People, Inc. (New York): People Inc. is a multispecialty non-profit health and human services agency supporting individuals with disabling conditions or other special needs. Equus is serving as the sponsor for their Licensed Practical Nursing program and is providing an incentive award to support program expansion.
- Rodham Institute (Washington, D.C.): The Institute seeks to apply the transformative power of education to achieve health equity in Washington, D.C. Equus is providing an incentive award to support the expansion of their Certified Nursing Assistant program.
- ScionHealth (Kentucky): ScionHealth strives to provide quality-driven, patient-centered acute and post-acute hospital solutions across 79 hospital campuses in 25 states. Equus is serving as a placeholder sponsor and incentive funds will support the expansion of their apprenticeship programs.
- Seven Counties Services (Kentucky): Seven Counties Services is a Community Mental Health Center that offers a full range of mental and behavioral health services, substance abuse treatment and intellectual and developmental disabilities services in the greater Louisville region. Incentive funds will support the Behavioral Health Technician Registered Apprenticeship Program.
Click here to learn more about opportunities to partner with Equus to develop or expand your Registered Apprenticeship Program.
This Industry Intermediary for Registered Apprenticeship project is supported by the Department of Labor, Employment & Training Administration under Contract number, 1605C2-20-C-0016. A total of $1,286,855 or 100% is financed with federal funds.
The contents of this publication do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the Department of Labor, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement of same by the U.S. Government.