Equus Workforce Solutions Awards Incentive Funding to Develop and Expand Registered Apprenticeship Programs
Equus Workforce Solutions (Equus) announces awards of more than $350,000 in incentive funding to expand Registered Apprenticeship Programs as part of their Intermediary for Registered Apprenticeships contract with the U.S. Department of Labor. A Registered Apprenticeship Program is an industry-driven, high-quality career pathway where employers can develop and prepare their future workforce, and individuals can obtain paid work experience, classroom instruction and a portable, nationally recognized credential.
“Equus Workforce Solutions is excited to partner with stakeholders, businesses and organizations to expand Registered Apprenticeship opportunities for career seekers in growing sectors across the country,” said National Workforce Solutions Director Michelle Day.
Equus announces the incentive awards for development or expansion activities to the following organizations:
- American Truck Training School (Oklahoma): Under this award, ATTS will align their related instruction with Werner’s Registered Apprenticeship standards for Commercial Driving License (CDL) drivers and will provide career opportunities for qualified applicants with Werner Enterprises.
- CivilianCyber (Virginia): CivilianCyber will use this award to expand their STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) Training Engagement Program (STEP) and submit application(s) to register the Information Security Specialist occupation as an apprenticeship.
- Gaston College (North Carolina): Gaston College Sponsors the Apprenticeship 321 Program to cultivate highly skilled workers in Advanced Manufacturing, Healthcare and Information Technology. Under this award, Gaston will expand the number of apprentice opportunities for apprentices to begin their careers by earning certifications for the following occupations: Certified Nursing Assistant I, Certified Nursing Assistant II, Paramedic Medicine.
- HealthImpact (California): HealthImpact is the California nursing workforce and policy center. In collaboration with the Hospital Association of Southern California, this apprenticeship program will educate and train new graduate nurses in select nursing specialties.
- Henry Ford Healthcare and MedCerts (Michigan): Under this award, Henry Ford Healthcare will expand the number of young adults enrolled in a Registered Apprenticeship Program to become certified Pharmacy Technicians and Nurse Assistants.
- Kindred Healthcare (National): Kindred’s Healthcare’s Career Accelerator (KCA) supports Kindred Hospitals and their local communities with their Nurse Assistant Registered Apprenticeship Program. Kindred will use this award to expand KCA by developing related instruction and apprenticeship standards for a Nurse Leader position.
- The QuILTSS Institute (TQI) and United HealthCare (Tennessee): Under this award, TQI and United Healthcare will partner with provider agencies across the state to recruit and enroll Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) into their Registered DSP Apprenticeship Program.
- Trilogy Health Services (Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan): Trilogy’s FastTrack Apprentice Program includes seven (7) apprenticeship pathways with more than 6,000 apprentices. Trilogy will use this award to expand the FastTrack Apprenticeship program by developing related instruction and apprenticeship standards for a healthcare environment certificate.
- University of Maryland, Baltimore County (UMBC): Under this award, UMBC will expand opportunities to engage additional career seekers to enroll in their Registered Apprenticeship Program for Cybersecurity Analysts.
- Wisconsin Regional Training Partnership/Building Industry Group Skilled Trades Employment Program (WRTP/Big Step): Expanding their national Next Gen Industrial Manufacturing Technician (IMT) effort, WRTP | BIG STEP will partner with employers that include Wisconsin’s Ataco, Detrol and Schoeneck Containers to expand apprenticeship opportunities for IMTs.
Click here to request more information about opportunities to partner with Equus to develop or expand your Registered Apprenticeship Program.
This project has been funded, either wholly or in part, with Federal funds from the Department of Labor, Employment & Training Administration under Contract number, 1605C-20-C-0016, the contents of this publication do not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the Department of Labor, nor docs mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement of same by the U.S. Government.